Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Friday 25 July 2014

Got Some Nifty Gloves!

Good afternoon, my peaceful bicycle lovers.
Look what I've got! In red, white and blue, well, that must be a good omen!



Always so sweet of other people to enthusiastically go along with my hair brained schemes.   I borrowed these handy gloves from a friend, who once did the Friesian eleven towns by bike (and that was it - I believe she never cycled long distance again), and she lent me her special bike shorts as well, so now I've got a spare pair.

I'm still soliciting for partners - so far nobody has jumped at the chance.  That either says something about my personality (cannot imagine that to be the case, can you?) or about my plans (come off it, live a little!).


Anyway, I've searched for a special link for you, and I've found it. To help you anticipate the fun as well.

I've chosen the version with the lyrics, so you can sing along. Come on, don't be shy! 

"I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like"

PS: Have completed my first trial run last night. Cycled 20 km., averaging 18 km p/h. And yes, my butt was a bit sore, but my gloves worked perfectly :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment