Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Monday 13 February 2017

The Frustrations of a Newby Music Film Maker

Good afternoon to you, where ever you are!
You have missed me...at least, if you are a regular reader, you have. Otherwise you haven't...duh!
The reason for my absence is that I have been very busy with my regular work (let's not talk about that - although fulfilling it is extremely stressful at times and non-eventful at most others. I enjoy it. I like my pupils. It brings in the veggies. Full stop) and with my passion: singing.





I have mentioned that I am a singer/the singer (opinions differ here. I like to think I am THE singer) in three set-ups: a cover band consisting of 5 other musicians of a certain age and myself, and a duo consisting of my son in law (gorgeously young) and myself, and a jam session band consisting of  20 or so very different musicians who drop in or out and sort of do their thing - preferably at the same time as the others.
And as of yesterday I have been drafted to be the singer in a jazz band as well.
Hey-ho!
Sounds great. Is great, really, it is a lot of fun!

But: and here it comes...I have been toiling to upload a song to let you all listen to what I am working on. I've recorded it on my iPhone, using iMovie, and uploading a load of my own original photos to give you something to look at whilst listening to me singing a song.
So far, so good. It's finished, it's as good as it gets. And it's floating in cyber space...or is right now being performed on Pluto. 
But for the life of me I cannot seem to import it into my Mac. Or export it to YouTube or even FB (I mean..geez, FB takes anything, right?).
My iPhone keeps informing me that I do not have enough storing space. Well...fiddle-dee, I have space, since I've removed 3/4 of my stock of photos and songs. But my phone thinks differently.
So, clever clogs that I am, I thought to import it directly into my iMove on the Mac. Right? Nothing doing.
So there it is: a perfect little 4 minute song with images, lounging in my phone and determined to stay there and not be shifted.

I got soooooo frustrated!
Usually I routinely upload onto YouTube and then give you a link. Doesn't work.

So you will simply have to take it from me. I have tried. Honestly I have.
If there is anyone out there who knows how to fix this, please reply in the comment section.
In the meantime, I will keep on singing. 
It's just that I will have to sit on my hands in order not to throw my i-whatsits through the plate glass window!

UPDATE 2/27/2017: In the meantime I have managed to upload the song onto my Facebook page...yeah! If you are curious: the name is Song Smith, the photo a painting of a lizzard, the song is called Cry Me A River.

No comments:

Post a Comment