Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Thursday 4 June 2015

And Finally...Sun in The Wetlands, Life is Good!

Hiya, lovers of the outdoors :-)
Today I have a huge smile on my face, for today the sun is out and the wind has turned to the South...Suddenly my garden is what it is designed to be: a haven.
Not so much a windswept battlefield where my hanging baskets are swinging wildly dripping from their branches and my goldfish complain of it being too wet!


I am writing this in the garden, under the sun umbrella, with a cup of home-grown nettle tea at hand, Viggo and Gina by my side and a very loud cuckoo just off to my right in the bushes.
And Life is suddenly good.

This evening I am going to meet up (hang out, say my kids) with my few female colleagues and have a leisurely meal (chill and booze, say my kids) in the garden (hopefully!) of one of them. So Life is better still.

Only six weeks to go until the Summer holidays. Better, better still!

The poplars are moulding, shedding, what-you-may-call-it; the air is full of white fluff. Cotton on the mild wind. I kinda like it.


That cuckoo is really belting it out now! Gina has turned tail and removed herself to her basket indoors; too loud for her.


Just to make my point; this was two days ago...

So...I would like to wish you all a lovely day. I am going to enjoy mine, I can assure you!


All photos © RenĂ©e Koopman







No comments:

Post a Comment