Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Thursday 20 February 2014

Happiness is not a destination - it's a way of life


I have got the photo from the Internet (where else?), no idea where this placard was used originally.
But that doesn't really matter. What matters is what's written on it.

Whilst we Dutchies have won yet another 5 medals for ice skating yesterday, the news brings me images of a burning Kiev. The contrast couldn't be any greater.

I wish we could take that placard and hang it up, high in the sky, above our poor, stricken, confused, fucked up world. 

And mean it.

Whatever religion you bow to, I'm certain that somewhere in your holy books there is a line which goes something like this: treat others how you would like to  be treated yourself.
I would like to add this: treat others with kindness.

It's very fashionable to be mindful, over here in the West. Hence the title of this post.
But how can you be mindful, happy, fulfilled, content, when there is a lack of kindness in your life? Or, to turn it around: how can you NOT be kind to others and yet expect to be happy?
So, I'd like to amend the title:

Kindness is not a state of being for wusses - it's a way of life


Right. Frightfully righteous lecture over. Next time I'll post something comfortable again, I promise!
I'll leave you with a link. Lyn Collins - Think (about it)  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment