Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Saturday 17 May 2014

The sun was shining and it was a lovely day! My cat helped me gardening.

Today I spent the day gardening. Helped by Viggo, my cat.


Nothing to do with this photo, but I thought it so cute...
I have been cutting back the heather, kept company by my black cat Viggo. I had to take care, and stay alert, for the danger of cutting off the tip of his tail by mistake was a real one. He kept jumping in and out of the heather.

He enjoys 'helping' me, in fact he's been known to dig up the plants as fast as I can put them into the earth.



He is very good at planting bulbs as well (not) and takes chasing the frogs into the pond very seriously.

I have had cats living with me for my entire life. My mum likes telling the story of giving birth to me with their big orange tomcat Peter sitting at the foot of the bed and keeping an eye on the proceedings. And of me sleeping in the rattan crib with Peter next to me. So I suppose cats and me are a given.
I have visions of myself as an old lady, living happily with a house full of cats. Not going to happen though! I have been in houses filled with cats, and I know what they smell like. So I'll stick to two, max.
But for now I love my black rotund friend.





No comments:

Post a Comment