Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Saturday 14 February 2015

Count Your Blessings!!


Valentine's Day
my precious daughter home again
my heart runs over


You know the feeling, right? Your life toddles along, nothing special, and you tend to moan a bit. Too much work, too much pressure, too little excitement, life is dull.

Until your youngest complains about feeling under the weather, and is looking pale, and moans about vague pains.
So you tell her to go to bed a little earlier, and eat better. Sorted. Right?

Until she wakes you up in the night and proceeds to spew her guts out, and she runs a fever, and looks like death warmed over. Those vague pains, present for weeks, have turned into a piercing not-vague-at-all pain in her side.
So to the doctor's, and then to the hospital, and then back home again because the scan doesn't show anything specific, and then back to the hospital the next day because she gets ill more and more.
Ah, this time the scan did show something, and she had to have an operation; appendicitis.

She was last in line, and they had told me she should be back on the ward in an hour or so. But after that hour or so she wasn't, and I started to fret. Afterwards I was told the routine operation turned into a "Oh, gosh, what have we here, we didn't see that on that scan - oh shit it has burst- and -there's- an -abces" one.

But, a long story short, she's fine! She heals well, apparently. I was allowed to take her home.
And all of a sudden life isn't that dull anymore, but great, shiny, happy.

I wish you a wonderful Valentine's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment