Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Monday 18 May 2015

Ah...the joys of blogging (and the surprises!)

When the mood hits me (it is a definite mood) I surf around Blogger and try to find fun blogs to read. Or interesting blogs. Or thought-provoking blogs. Or... You'll get my drift.
I have found a few little gems this way (you can find them under "The Blogs I Like to Read").



But, I'm sorry to say, I have found a lot of drivel as well, as well as had some nasty surprises.
Now I'm not that internet-savvy, and it serves me right perhaps.

Take for instance a couple of minutes ago. Nothing nasty, mind, but something my old brain simply does not understand:
I visit the (nice!) blog of someone in Arkansas I regularly read, and from her own blog list I pick a blog with a title which intrigues me. I hop to that blog, so far so good. I am now onto a very recent interesting blog by a dog lover. I am a dog lover myself, so I want to add her blog to my blog list. I take note of her URL, add it, check if the link I've added works, and find myself (bewildered!!!) onto a blog about (wait for it) dogs in Dubai which has not been active since 2004.
How is this possible? Beats me!


Still.
Blogging has proven to be one of the constants of my life ever since I discovered it (rather late, but better late than never) in 2013. It has taken the place of the diaries I have kept since childhood, with the difference that those diaries were the unvarnished truth-according-to-boring-old-me, and this blog does get a nice shiny coat sometimes, and is edited. Wouldn't want to give offense. And I have started to upload my latest writing project, called The Menopausal Detective on a Slippery Slope in the Pages section.
Due to the fact that Blogger is an American invention, most of my readers are in the USA...Hi, folks! But people from far flung places like Zambia and India and China appear to read it as well, and this is fun. Hi, folks!


This panorama from the Colosseum is rather like my blog, I think. Its appears to be quiet, just another anonymous guy and me. But if you look closely, you can spot hundreds of other people in the far distance. That's you :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment