Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Sunday 14 June 2015

Viggo Feels Gina is Getting Old!

Hi fans, Viggo here.


You know I am of the opinion that dogs are...well, somewhat thick creatures, don't you? And they are so dependent on their 'masters' (that name! I do not have a master, I AM master!).
And you probably also know (if you follow my blog and Haikus) that my dog Gina and I have a love-hate relationship.
Now, Gina is to blame for that, absolutely! When I arrived in my home 4 years ago, I was more than willing to share her basket with her and bond. But she told me in no uncertain terms that she didn't want to share, and that she didn't feel like sharing her food either, and that I should stick to the perimeter she set.

And I did. We now occasionally touch noses, and she sometimes even gives me a tiny lick, but that's it. I tried telling her about my philosophy and showed her how to do the cat stretch, but her heart wasn't into it. I can tell.

But now I want to share something with you. I am worried about her. She is getting so...old, lately! She groans, and moans, and when she's been in her basket for awhile she has trouble getting to her feet, and she limps through the garden. No cat stretch can remedy that, I'm afraid. I hear my woman tell people that Gina has back problems and that her hip is troubling her.
Now, I can easily do without her, that goes without saying, but my house would feel a little empty when she's not there. Ain't no sunshine when she's gone...sort of.
So today I asked my woman to take a photo of her, at her favorite spot near the pond. And she did.





No comments:

Post a Comment