Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Saturday 10 May 2014

Our Garden in May

Hi there!
Thought I'd share some more garden talk with you. Many of you seem to enjoy my gardening chit-chat. It has a high "cosy with a tea cosy" level, so if it is too much for you, skip it.




Here you are; shades of Middle Earth... I adore Nasturtiums. These ones are actually last year's which have survived our very mild winter. I allow it to creep and climb where ever it wants to go. We eat it, too! (If you want to eat some, make sure you wash it though, it's very susceptible to black garden lice).



It has been raining cats and dogs for the last 48 hours, so our large pond rocks are showing their best colours. Do you see that net? We've had surprise visits from the local blue heron...and it ate my favourite fish! The blue b...! 
(Now, before you report me to your RSPCA, of course I know that herons need to eat. But there's a perfectly good huge municipal pond right at the back of our garden, absolutely stocked full of wild fish, so I don't know why that bird wants to gobble up my pet ones!)


Well, here it is, I promised you some weeks ago, and look. Men-high digitalis. 



I don't tell you that much about my husband...It's because he's quite private. But I'm sure he doesn't mind me telling you that one of his pet projects is building bird houses. These two are the ones he's knocked together in a hurry (he's always too busy), but I know that as soon as he really has time to make something more elaborate, it will be looking something like this.


When we visited Canada some years ago we saw the most wonderful bird houses, and he's always wanted to make some.

Okay, enough about the garden for today. Make sure you enjoy yours! And recite this little poem whilst you are weeding :-)

If you want to be happy for a short time, get drunk
Happy for a long time, fall in love
Happy for ever, take up gardening!






No comments:

Post a Comment