Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Friday 12 September 2014

China? Ni hao! And France, bienvenue! Join me for Dinner?

Welcome, my Chinese and French friends!
So nice to see you!
I look at my statistics and see quite a lot of you are visiting, and it pleases me no end. Hope you are fine!
Today I have been cooking and cooking and cooking...

I have made 10 pots of grape jam (cannot bear to see my grape harvest go to waste on the vine) and I have baked a vegetable baklava.



This is only halfway through...Later on I have added green and black olives, and a mixture of feta cheese, 3 eggs and old Dutch Gouda cheese to this mixture of courgettes, peppers, onions and garlic and have seasoned it with Greek herbs.
And no, it isn't my own recipe, I'm not that good. It is from 24 Kitchen.
It is now in the oven, covered with filo pastry and sesame seeds.
And I cannot wait! My mouth is watering!
Good food is better than sex, in my opinion (well, I am 56...that explains a lot I suppose).


It's a good thing my family doesn't bother to read my blog :P

Anyway...
Food.
We were talking about food.
I have been raised by a woman who has almost starved between 1943 and 1945. That explains a lot as well...
Food was a major thing in our house. And it is important in mine. 

Done!


Have a lovely evening!






No comments:

Post a Comment