Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Are you ready for Spring? You bet I am!


The rain was beating against the windows again this afternoon when I left school, and when I came outside on the harbour cay my umbrella nearly spiraled into the water. So I put it away again and put up my hood, knowing it makes my hair (never much of it at the best of times) as flat as a bathing cap.

I cannot wait for Spring to arrive! We've had no Winter to speak of; hardly any frost, no snow at all and plenty of storm and rain to make up for it. So it feels like one long perpetual Autumn...

Still, the first courageous snowdrops have appeared in our garden, and the aconites are showing their cheerful little yellow heads as well. 

Meanwhile the news sites I watch show large parts of the UK under water. I really feel for those people over there, as I know what it's like to have to deal with flooding.

So this is for them. Let's hope they will dry out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment