Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Tuesday 23 September 2014

It's Official: Autumn Has Arrived in the Wetlands!

We have been enjoying a gone-away-and-then-back-Summer for the last fortnight, but now temperatures have plummeted. Nights and early mornings are misty, clouds hide the sun, leaves are falling, spiders are absolutely everywhere (and they are HUGE this year) coats have been recovered from closets and people start talking about turning up the heat.



So I thought I'd do an Autumn post. With lots of Autumny photos, to help you get in the right mood and prepare for this melancholy time of year.
Credit should and must be shown to the French FB site Photo'graffiti, where many of these photos were uploaded in the first place. But I have found some photos elsewhere on the www as well, and some of them are simply my own.


I don't know about you, but falling leaves make me somewhat sad. Even though I admire their lovely colours, and like their smell, the trees shedding can give me a big dose of melancholia.


Then again the hazelnut tree peppering my garden with nuts gives me a happy feeling. Must be the prehistoric gatherer gene still going strong inside of me...I simply love gathering nuts.




When my kids were little we used to collect leaves and chestnuts and put them in an Autumn display on the windowsill. All kinds of insects would come inside as well, and try to hide behind the curtains...These days we have put up an insect hotel outside (much more practical).






This last photograph is one by my son, Wibe Koopman. He took it in Denmark. I love it.







No comments:

Post a Comment