Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Sunday 21 September 2014

Stop Your Messing Around...?

Good morning to you (Yes, Ukraine, especially to you! 119 readers in a week? Wow!). Last night I went to a great Ska concert.

A Message to You, Rudy

Click on the link and enjoy the long-lost music of The Specials.
It is such a shame that this wonderful music genre has all but disappeared from our radios. But, thankfully, not from our collective memories!
My local theatre, TweeHondjes, had reserved their largest hall for a ska concert by the Dutch ska band Peen! and it was filled with two kinds of people: youngsters who have been turned on to Peen! and oldies like me who have lived through the Seventies and Eighties and who have fond memories of the brief Ska revival (after all, the original ska came from the fifties I believe).
And it was wonderful. I was dancing non-stop.

This Sunday morning my knees are protesting and my back hurts, but it was worth it.
For those of you who do not know much about Ska, let me educate you (a bit).
One of the best known artists is Desmond Decker.

Live BBC footage of The Israelites

And we Dutchmen got acquainted with Madness in the early Eighties and locked this bunch of English madmen into our hearts. Let me show you why. And do sing along, the lyrics are provided!

Boat on the River Nile








No comments:

Post a Comment