Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Thursday 8 January 2015

Peace, My Good People, Peace!

In view of the attack on Charlie Hebdo in Paris:

Those of you who know me a little, know that I usually keep far from politics. Not because they do not interest me, but because I am realistic in knowing others are far better at blogging about politics than I am.
But this is one of those times I feel the need to make an exception.

I am appalled, sad, and not a little apprehensive about the events. But I value freedom of speech.
Hopefully my fellow countrymen will keep thinking, will keep the peace, will realize that yes, we are different and sometimes divided, but we are all people and deep down the same.
I work with Muslims; the majority of my pupils are Muslims, and not a few of my colleagues as well. The majority of them will be as appalled, sad and apprehensive as myself. 
I refuse to put them into the 'lunatics' corner just because of this attack on Charlie Hebdo.

At the same time, my thoughts go out to the people of France. 
Liberté, Egalité et Fraternité!




No comments:

Post a Comment