Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Hooked? Ooooohhhhh yes....unfortunately!

This evening I took my laptop from the cupboard where I keep it, and noticed the cable which normally connects it to the mains is missing.
Shock, horror!

So I spent the next 30 minutes searching my house from top to bottom. And it is still not where it is supposed to be, namely connected to my Mac!
I am a semi-orderly type, meaning I usually (90% of the time) know where I leave my stuff. And I am fastidious about my laptop, as it is my lifeline to my kids, my work, and ....you!
And this means I have only so much time to write this blog, as my battery is only 45% full of remaining juice. Damn!

My daughter only just managed to refrain from hooting with schadenfreude laughter, as I always accuse her of being too addicted to her social media.

What to do? I don't know. I've even phoned our cleaner. She didn't know either.
I feel like reverting to my most primitive state of being, and howl with frustration. Which makes me even more frustrated, as I don't want to be thus hooked to my Mac.

Help! Send Rays of Light my way, please! Or ESP tips about where I should look.

UPDATE
Found it! It was in a place where I would never put it myself...hence my confusion. I tend to put things in logical places, i.e. laptop cable in laptop carrier. Not next to outdated textbooks. 
It only took 1 hour of searching... Grumble, grumble, grumble.


This photo is a good indication of my mood right now :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment