Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Monday 27 January 2014

Gosh I adore Paris! - Care to join me in a little tour of (some of the) sights?

Bonsoir!
My family and I have just returned from a flying visit to the City of Lights and Love (2 days), and we've had a whale of a time!

Montmartre

Isn't it perfect to board a train in Rotterdam, and then step onto a Paris platform only 2 1/2 hours later?!
The Thalys was full, to the brim, which probably had something to do with the same reason for our trip to Paris, namely the enormous home furnishings trade fair Maison & Objet. 
To get in, I had to fib a little; it is a buyers trade fair, so we used the name of my daughter's non-existent-but-in-the-future-to-be-business M.K. Styling. And O Em Gee...did we see some gorgeous design!
We also saw a lot of other stuff. In fact, there were 9 humungous halls full of stuff. I never realised there is so much for sale...and so many people wanting to buy it only to sell it to other people.

I'll be writing a string of blogs over the next couple of days, themed, for your perusal. So for now, I'll leave you with a more personal one. Because visiting M&O was only a very good excuse to take my family to Paris...

We didn't have a lot of time, so were picky in what we saw. We stayed near the Place de la République, extremely handy for travelling by Métro, but a very nice square in its own right, with lovely restaurants and a lively skater and roller blader community. And those Parisians think nothing of a bunch of Dutchies rolling into their restaurant on a Thursday at 22.40 in the evening (Ha! Try that in boring old Hellevoetsluis!) "You want to eat? Welcome!"
And they speak English! I mean: no better way to make me feel at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment