Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Maison & Objet - it's the lights that made Paris famous!

Good evening!
I promised you some blogs about the Maison&Objet trade fair, and this is the first installment. And it is about: LIGHTS.
Paris is famous for it, and there were numerous design firms selling light fixtures at M&O. I've taken photos of the ones I liked best. See if you can spot your favourite designers!

Adore this one. What a simple idea, but how effective! Using only 3 basic colours, the designer combines them to make lots of colours. The only drawback, as I see it, is that glass is only lovely when it is spotless. As soon as it gets dusty, it loses its dazzle. So...buy this and dust until you drop!

This appears to be paper, but is actually fiber glass. Lovely!

Cute, eh? My daughter loved this.
I liked these tremendously. They are made from wood, and very light.

For music lovers. Cool!

And this was simply gorgeous. But not so practical for your home, perhaps... So, if you are aiming to light the atrium of your multi-storied millions-earning business, this is the light for you.

Personally, I would have liked to take these lights home with me...


See you again soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment