Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Monday 11 August 2014

The 14th Ity - Nobility

It has been awhile...the events with MH17 had robbed me of all inspiration to continue with the 18 Ities - but here we are. Life continues.


Like most females, I was fascinated with the fairy tales featuring princes and princesses when I was a child.
Especially the ones where the princesses were not readily recognised as being of noble birth. Psychologists will immediately shout that I hoped to be an unrecognised noble girl myself...Shout away, by all means.

When I got older and started to read English literature, the term 'nobility' got a more varied meaning. Now I was fascinated by the ancient nobles of the British Isles... And I enjoy those tales even now. Only a few weeks ago I read a book by Lillian Stewart Carl which featured Boudicca, and it taught me things I didn't know yet.

But the swami meant another kind of nobility. Not the kind that you are born into, or marry into, like our beloved Queen Maxima, but the kind that is ingrained in yourself, in your heart.


The lovely thing about that kind of nobility, is that it can appear in all kinds of people, of all sexes, creeds, race, birth. And you can choose to act with nobility. It can be your own doing.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing if our politicians would take this Ity and made it their own, with pride? All wars would cease, instanty. They would help each other out instead. Oh...you lack water? Have some of ours, feel free, we have plenty. Do you need someone to help you with your waste disposal problem? Well, we have found the solution, let's share this knowledge.

Huh! Pipe-dreams. But I told you - I dream BIG.




No comments:

Post a Comment