Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Friday 7 March 2014

And....they're off! Or: the run-up to Easter.

Good afternoon, my fellow Spring enjoyers! (Is that an English word - enjoyers? If not, it is now!)
My day started with sunshine, so I hung my washing outside on the line, but I've just taken it in again as it started spitting a bit...


In the meantime, we are in the running-up to Easter. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference whether you are of any faith or not...our shops are bursting to the seams with chocolate eggs and bunnies and the Easter hare and all sorts of sweet stuff that will make your fillings spontaneously jump out of your molars with seasonal joy.

I do not bow to any religion, am of the humanist persuasion (with a little bit of Pagan and Zen thrown in for light relief), but I cannot pass a shop decked out with cute little bunnies without sighing in pleasure. Easter is such a fun, joyful festivity, isn't it? The weather takes a turn for the better (at least, it's supposed to), the flowers are back in the garden, the little lambs are frolicking in the meadows, and the birds are nesting.


My tulips are doing well in the greenhouse, where my husband has planted them to get them in bloom earlier for the birthday party of both our kids (in our Northern facing garden everything is at least 2 weeks later than in other gardens, that's why). When the time comes we'll replant them in containers.

And my heather is looking gorgeous, the photo doesn't do it justice unfortunately.


All those tiny yellow blobs are my mini-narcissii; not exactly 'hosts-of', but they do lift my heart.





I'll leave you with something I found on the internet (where else?), which looks like fun. I'll try it, and let you know if it works.



No comments:

Post a Comment