Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Sunday 2 March 2014

Sunday! How to Keep Oneself Occupied When Feeling Poorly.

Good morning, fellow-world-citizens!
It's Sunday morning over here, and gloriously sunny for a change, and-I-am-in-bed. Potjandosie!

(Potjandosie is a swearword. It's not really rude, a little cutesy, and doesn't offend any religion nor is it a terrible illness- as most Dutch swearwords do/are. So add it to your vocabulary. You never know when it may come in handy. When you do need a Dutch swearword capable of stopping all traffic, drop me a line in the comment box below.)



What better day to play the blues? My fingers are not as sore anymore...but stiff. Fifty-five-and-a-half years of age-stiff. Still, when I looked up Daddystovepipe on YouTube (great guy, he's my new best friend) there was a comment of a 70+ man who was attempting the fingerpicking blues for beginners just like myself. If he can, so can I!

What I'd really would like to do though, is go into the garden. But I ventured out onto my balcony for 3 seconds and quickly went back inside. There's the typical Wetlands freezing wind we always experience in Spring. Besides, those 3 seconds made my legs feel like jelly.


Quickly took a photograph for you though, fast as lightning I am. My heather is looking great (Erica), and so are the pansies and campanula.


And how about my primula? Good eh? And the borago is almost in bloom as well. And I've got hosts of snowdrops and golden daffodils. Spring definitely is here!

Well. Back to Daddystovepipe. Have a wonderful Sunday, you!




No comments:

Post a Comment