Two Dutch Girls on a Road Trip to Wiltshire

Road Trip 2017 (2) - Richmond to Chawton to Salisbury.

Good afternoon! Would you like to join me for the second part of my road trip in the South-West of England? A long time wish of my daughter...

Saturday 8 March 2014

Wie het Kleine niet Eert - Or: be thankful for small mercies.


"Wie het kleine niet eert, is het grote niet weerd", my grandmother used to say.
I'll save you the trouble of going all the way down to my translator gadget. It means: "Whomsoever doesn't honour small things, is not worthy of large things".

Today was a gloriously sunny day. I honour that.
My garden is blooming. I honour that.
The Erica (heather) I picked is looking good on my kitchen windowsill. I honour that.
There is a bird nesting in my shed. I honour that.
I have a refrigerator full of heathy organic food which I will cook in a little while. I honour that.
There is a glass of cheap, but very tasty red wine standing at my elbow. I honour that.
My cat Viggo is hanging from the door, wanting to come in. I honour that.
I can now go to the hall to feed him, as that is clearly what he wants. I honour that :-)



And there are the more-than-little things to honour as well.

My husband and children are healthy. I am very thankful for that.
My 86 year old Mum has been told she merely suffers from old age (and not lung cancer). I am very thankful for that.
My work schedule has been miraculously (read: without any communication) lightened. I am thankful for that. And will let sleeping dogs lie.
The pains I have been suffering in my left leg have been absent today. I am thankful for that.


What are you thankful for?
Feel free to let me know. You can use the comment box below this post.







No comments:

Post a Comment